A Busy Week

The week has just started and I'm already exhausted.
I should be maintaining myself better, a weak sleep schedule and a disorganized house. Just yesterday (Sunday), the Shire of Myrtleholt fired back up their fighter practices (Sundays; 11am; Riverside Park in Grants Pass, OR). From the previous week to this one saw a massive temperature jump, from rainy and in the 50s, to partly cloudy and in the high 70s to mid 80s. Hydrating was a bit of an issue afterwards, and I was exhausted for the rest of the day.
My soon to be knight (as a man at arms, not a squire), Visc. Sir Brian's latest instruction was to work on non-stop throwing of shots, which I take as a push in aggression. I am a very passive, counter-shooting fighter presently, though my "computer" doesn't process openings fast enough to fire at every one. Practice yesterday saw only a mild increase in aggression.
I still reflexively evade and back-peddle, rather than meeting a press. Part of it is that my wraps have been going too deep, and striking with the bottom half of my reverse edge, and my other "standard" shots tend to get caught up on account of my long arms.
All in all it was a good practice, albeit a hot one. I hope the weather treats me better for the coming fights.

Tomorrow is a southern principality regional practice (at the previously mentioned location, 4pm). Expected folks include Sir Lawrence of the Marsh and Sir William Brannan. Its a good opportunity to get fights in with folks I would normally only see at events, and instruction from more experienced fighters.
I don't think I'll be pushing myself physically too much, especially considering that it starts during the hottest part of the day. I'll be trying to work on more cerebral/cognitive aspects, and technique, and hopefully someone might be willing to do slow work.

Wednesday will be a day of packing in preparation for the drive and trip on Thursday, when I'll be heading up to the Barony of Terra Pomaria, getting into town, stealing some of my foster mother's food, and then going to their local practice. I'm not sure what I have in mind for practice there, but I'm sure Sir Brian will have something for me. I anticipate Duke Sir Tjorkil, who was a fun fight at the last practice I attended up there.

Friday can hopefully be leisurely, as Saturday holds a ransom tournament and a torchlight tournament, and Sunday holds the Griffin's Quest Ursulmas scholarship tournament.
I'm looking forward to swearing my oaths of service, and then fighting for a consort for the first time. I'm anxious to see how these things will change my mental state and what affect they will have on my fighting.

I've been studying the West Kingdom's March '12 Crown finals between Visc. Sir Brand McClellan and Duke Sir Hauoc Bender. The contrast of styles is very interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally cool with slow work if you need someone. I too have been feeling that we are lacking in that.
    -Feradach

    ReplyDelete