Plans for 2013

I've planned out my 2013 SCA season, and I like the way it is looking.
Hocktide Emprise in Glyn Dwfn. Still a local event. I'm not sure if I will be fighting in the tournament or running the lists. I'm not all that keen on the format for the tournament, in regards to the weapons.
Egil Skallagrimmson Memorial Tournament in Adiantum. This is looking to be the highlight of the tournament season for me, as I'm confident I could take the Never Won A Tourney tourney. I'm not crazy about the holmgang, though if I have a bastard sword by then I think I'll use it here. And there is to be a "gladiator" tournament, which looks promising.
Summits Heraldic and Scribal Symposium in Briaroak. I have a burgeoning interest in device heraldry, and I think it important in the context of historical interest to have a decent understanding of names and et cetera. Hopefully I'll also be able to take the voice heraldry classes as well. There is a prize tourney slated as well, but little info has been presented on that.
Summits June Investiture in Glyn Dwfn. I'm not very enthusiastic about this event, as I don't know the Summits heirs all that well. And as the defender tourney's format hasn't been announced, I don't know what to expect.
West-An Tir War in Tymberhavene. Its war. I'll be solely using pike during the war scenarios, but I hope to fight with as many knights as possible in pick-ups afterwards.
September Crown Tournament in Fire Mountain Keep. Tentative, but I'm excited to fight at a kingdom level.
September Coronet Tournament in Myrtleholt. Unsure what the format will be, so I'm not overly excited on account of that.

My focus in fighting will be on offense. Combinations, range, speed, reflex and torso mobility (5 D's of Dodgeball).
I'll be looking to go to Myrtleholt's practice on occasion, and work with the local knight as well (and maybe coerce him into putting on armor).

No comments:

Post a Comment